Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What I have read this year, so far

Here's a picture to make up for the lack of commentary.

The Marriage Plot by Jeffry Eugenides

Escape from Camp 14: One Man's Remarkable Odyssey from North Korea to Freedom in the West by Blaine Harden

Texas Tears and Texas Sunshine: Voices of Frontier Women, edited by Jo Ella Powell Exley:

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Oh Myyy!: There Goes the Internet by George Takei

Ceremony by Leslie Marmon Silko

How to Do Things With Books in Victorian Britain by Leah Price

The Round House by Louise Erdrich

Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

The Princess and the Goblin by George McDonald

The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

The Mansion of Happiness by Jill Lepore

Happy Time Go Fast: Invaluable Lessons from Teaching English Abroad by Wes Weston

Momofuku by David Chang and Peter Meehan

History of Coryell County (1936) by Frank E. Simmons

The Group by Mary McCarthy

Reading:
The Country of the Pointed Firs and Other Stories by Sarah Orne Jewett


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you have read some good ones. I read The Round House and loved it. I also read the Great Gatsby again and enjoyed that and the movie was beautiful. Gone Girl was a good mystery. There are some on your list I will have to check out. I am reading The Interestings right now. It's a good one so far, very different. I will show my list of books when you get here. I bought The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls to read on the way to California. GiGi

Lee Anne said...

Very cool! I've reading about The Interestings. I'll have to hear what you think....